Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pawz

PETITION: Universal Pharmacare in Canada - UPDATED June 11/17

8 posts in this topic

I just signed the petition, “Dr. Jane Philpott: It is time to make "Universal Medicare" Universal: Calling for a National Pharmacare Strategy.” I think this is important. Will you sign it too?

Here’s the link:

https://www.change.org/p/dr-jane-philpott-it-is-time-to-make-universal-medicare-universal-calling-for-a-national-pharmacare-strategy?utm_medium=email&utm_source=notification&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&share_context=signature_receipt&recruiter=111459085

Edited by Pawz
updated

I do hope that they can get a national pharmacare program as so many cannot afford meds

4 hours ago, free said:

I do hope that they can get a national pharmacare program as so many cannot afford meds

Dr Philpott does sound like she understands and I hope you signed the petition and promoted it to everyone you know.

I would love to have a pharmacare plan like New Zealand does.

Quebec has somewhat of a pharmacare plan. for years kids under 18 were covered for common meds. they then expanded it plus added a deductible so someone like my dad has ended up paying more over the year but still less than if he had to pay for all of it.

1 hour ago, free said:

Quebec has somewhat of a pharmacare plan. for years kids under 18 were covered for common meds. they then expanded it plus added a deductible so someone like my dad has ended up paying more over the year but still less than if he had to pay for all of it.

Does he pay a reduced monthly premium or is it a deductible off his annual income tax return?

I can't believe this petition hasn't reached 15,000 signatures yet  k_sad  ......am I the only one here that cares about this?   k_scratch_one-s_head

I signed the petition "Dr. Jane Philpott: It is time to make "Universal Medicare" Universal: Calling for a National Pharmacare Strategy" and wanted to see if you could help by adding your name.

Our goal is to reach 15,000 signatures and we need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:

https://www.change.org/p/dr-jane-philpott-it-is-time-to-make-universal-medicare-universal-calling-for-a-national-pharmacare-strategy?recruiter=111459085&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=share_email_responsive

Thanks!

Edited by Pawz
spelling

it is on his tax I think plus what he has to pay for when he filled a script. now that he is in a nursing home  he doesn't pay to have a script filled