Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pawz

General Information Fish Can Feel Pain and Get Stressed Out Too

2 posts in this topic

These Animals Don't Live in a Zombie State, so Don't Treat Them Like They Do

By Dr. Becker

Did you know that fish can feel pain, or that they show emotions like anger by flaring their fins and nipping at other fish? Fish can "talk," too, using a wide range of communicatory methods, including sound-evoking vibrations, booms, growls, thumps, whistles, and even bone rattling.

So while your aquarium fish may appear to be content to swim silently in circles in a fish bowl on your counter, this is really no life, even for a fish.

Read more ..... http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2016/02/16/fish-pain-stress.aspx?e_cid=20160216Z1_PetsNL_art_1&utm_source=petsnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20160216Z1&et_cid=DM97998&et_rid=1356635814

Fish care is so complex, I tried once with my then husband but we could never keep anything alive for long ~ not through lack of trying just lack of knowledge I guess. 

Has anyone been to the aquarium in Van or Tyranna? I have very mixed feelings about zoos in general . The advice in the article ~ to buy only fish bred and raised in captivity is good though ~ wildlife trafficking shouldn't be supported.