WickedCats

RIP Tati

10 posts in this topic

I haven't been here for a while, and I'm sorry.  I've been on Facebook mostly.  

As some of you may know, Tati was born with FeLV.  She remained a strong positive all her life. 

When I found her at 9 months, she weighed 2 pounds. had a heart murmur and of course was FeLV positive.  I was told to put her down, but had to give her a chance.  

I noticed that last week of July her appetite was not good.  After several days of not wanting to eat a lot, I took her in because I noticed she had a bad tooth, and the vet and I thought that was the issue. I took her in that following Monday, August 3rd expecting to just pick her up after a tooth extraction.  Sadly, the vet called me after noticing her breathing erratically and said she took xrays and she had fluid in her lungs.  After testing the fluid, it was determined she had cancer. The vet informed me her lungs would likely keep building up fluid, and this would have to be taken daily.  I did not want to put her through that.  

Tati had such a difficult beginning, and the odds were against her from the get go.  I wanted to spare her a painful end.  I wanted her to leave this world in better conditions than she came into it.  She lived to be almost 5, as her estimated birthday would have been November, and I have read that many cats born with FeLV do not live past 2.  I am grateful I had her in my life as long as I did.  

Her final week she ate her favorite food, kitty tuna from Solid Gold.  She had treats, I took her out in the stroller and I kept her downstairs all day in a huge cage with a hammock, which she loved. Despite the fact she had to live in the bathroom, she was a happy girl.  

I held her to her last breath, and I made sure I was the last voice she heard, and that the last thing she heard was how much I loved her and will always love her forever.

post-21-0-76884500-1439571398_thumb.jpg

post-21-0-58595100-1439571411_thumb.jpg

post-21-0-19340500-1439571421_thumb.jpg

post-21-0-27814300-1439571428_thumb.jpg

I am so sorry to hear about her passing, WicketCats, but she was so blessed to have you as her momma in her final years.  There is  no momma that could have taken better care of her than you and for that, her she had many more happy years than she could have ever imagined.   2_huggers

RIP Tatiana.   candle_

thank you, L4H.  My heart aches for her.  I find myself looking over at her little cage and expecting to see her.  I go into the bathroom and miss hearing her little half purr half meow.  I just miss her.  Letting her go was the most difficult thing I've ever done.   I find myself wishing I'd done more for her.  

So sorry for your loss WC, and the hardship you had to go through during that time.  Hugs_

Of course I'm in tears here. 

You gave her a life, when she had only a bare subsistence. You gave her a home when she had only make-shift shelter. You gave her food when she had only scavenged scraps. But most of all, you gave her your heart when she had only loneliness and despair.

Of all these gifts, your love is the greatest, for it is everlasting. 

Thank you for sharing her life with us. 

Thank you all. When she made it past two, then three and four, I thought we had beat the odds. I thought I would have more time with her. I thought, she is going to make it. I've even been looking for a small house to rent with an extra bedroom I was going to leave just for her and was even thinking of adopting a friend for her. Now my plans are to find a beautiful little box to put her ashes and other mementos I am keeping that were hers.

It still doesn't seem real that she is gone. :(

So sorry for your loss. k_sadcandle_

She was my baby girl. :(

Edited by WickedCats

Sorry to hear about Tatiana    k_sad ....she was such a sweet wee girl.   candle_

1 person likes this

Sorry to hear about Tatiana    k_sad ....she was such a sweet wee girl.   candle_

She was always a small little thing.  But her heart was immense.  we had this routine.  I'd go to take a shower, pick her up and would turn on the faucet with her in my arms.  I'd say, you want to help me?  And she'd come running.  Then I'd open the window a little, and take her and hug her and pet her until the water warmed up.  When I finished in the shower and dried myself, I'd put the towel over my shoulder and then band to clean her litter, and she'd jump on my back and lay down, and we'd stay like that for a bit.  

I know this sounds yucky, but I still can't get myself to wash that towel.  it still has some of her hair on it. :(