Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
packmom

RIP my first foster Jack

6 posts in this topic

I wasn't expecting this news at all. My first foster ever, Jack, a "black golden" as we like to call him, died last week. On October 29, I got a nice e-mail from his mom, as she does once in a while, sending me pictures and telling me how she loves him to death, thanking me for having him in her life. Everything was fine. But last week end, I got another e-mail from her, he got very aggressive cancer, got sick very fast, so she and her vet decided it was best to end his suffering.

It was because of him that I kept on fostering. Because he had been such a good foster. Learned to do his business outside within a few days and learned to shake paws in 5 minutes! And I am eternally thankful to his mom, for taking such good care of him and always sent me pictures of him over the years.

rip my dear Jack. rainbow_bridge

post-13-0-61017500-1419379716_thumb.jpg

Sorry to hear about Jack, Packmom. At least he had you guys to look after him and got a good life.

Sorry to hear about Jack and my condolences to both you and his 'mom'.   Hugs_

I do remember you fostering a black golden but didn't think his name was Jack - did his mom change it when she adopted him? It was so nice of her to keep you updated through the years but must have been difficult to read the last one with such sad news.   2_huggers

rip_     Jack     candle_  rainbow_bridge

Sorry to hear about Jack and my condolences to both you and his 'mom'.   Hugs_

I do remember you fostering a black golden but didn't think his name was Jack - did his mom change it when she adopted him? It was so nice of her to keep you updated through the years but must have been difficult to read the last one with such sad news.   2_huggers

rip_     Jack     candle_  rainbow_bridge

No, his name was always Jack. I'm sad for his mom. She lives alone. She had a senior golden when she adopted Jack, the senior golden has passed since and all she had left was Jack. Loosing him 1 week before christmas must be double the sadness. I hope she has family to celebrate the holidays.

How terribly sad for her, and for you too my friend. He must have been very, very special to have worked such magic on you. Do you have any photos of him? My memory is either that bad or perhaps you fostered him before we met. 

How terribly sad for her, and for you too my friend. He must have been very, very special to have worked such magic on you. Do you have any photos of him? My memory is either that bad or perhaps you fostered him before we met. 

I only have the pictures she sent me and also, real pictures of him and my golden Bailey, I didn't have a digital cam back then.